Gary and Tammy Gleckner are lifelong Canton residents. They have four grown sons, a dog and two cats.
Gary graduated from Canton High School in 1988, The Pennsylvania State University in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science degree, and Wilkes University in 1999 with a Master of Science degree. Gary taught high school mathematics for 20 years. For the past seven years, he has served as Canton Borough Tax Collector in addition to preparing income tax returns and working as a laborer on various pipeline crews. In his free time, Gary loves to fish, hunt, ride bike, and spend time at camp near Hammersley Fork.
Tamara (Holmes) Gleckner graduated from Canton High School in 1989 and Mansfield University in 1993 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education. Tammy taught in Athens Area School District for four years. From 1997 through 2006, Tammy was a stay-at-home mom. Since returning to the workforce, she has worked at the Canton Area School District, Bradford/Tioga Head Start, and for the last 5 years, with Gary at Segur’s Tax Service. In her free time, Tammy enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends.
Brooks graduated from Canton High School in 2013, The Pennsylvania State University in 2020 with a Bachelor of Science Degree. He spent the summer of 2020 working at Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park in Montana. Brooks has also spent time in Iraq, India, Honduras, and Columbus, Ohio. Upon his return to Canton in October, Brooks plans on working with his family at Gleckners, Ltd and we cannot wait to have him!
Brennan graduated from Canton High School in 2015. He is currently a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard and a student at Lock Haven University where he is an ROTC cadet. Brennan has spent time in Honduras, Bolivia, Nepal, Thailand, Romania, and Columbus, Ohio. Brennan is on track to graduate from Lock Haven University in December of 2021. His plans after that are somewhat uncertain, but will likely include the National Guard.
Mak graduated from Canton High School in 2018. He spent the following school year in Columbus, Ohio and Nazareth, Israel. Last school year, he attended Mansfield University. This school year, being uninterested in taking online classes, he is working at IHS Pizza and Sandwich Shop here in Canton. He spends much of his free time outdoors hunting, fishing, trapping, or just hanging out with friends.
Josiah graduated from Canton High School in 2019. He spent the following school year in Columbus, Ohio and Vientiane, Laos. Josiah has also spent time in Honduras. Currently, Josiah is working for Gleckners, Ltd and studying to become a licensed insurance agent. He also works as a delivery driver for IHS Pizza and Sandwich Shop.
Kali is a 7 year old blue Weimaraner. She is a terrific pheasant-hunting dog! When she’s not hunting pheasants, Kali will be found lying on the couch or begging for food.
Fuzzy is your average, run-of-the-mill cat. He is 17 years old, going on 18. Fuzzy spends 10% of his life passing through any door that opens and the other 90% loafing and lounging.
Snowball is Fuzzy’s sister. She is 17 years old, going on 150. Bo, as she is usually called, is cranky, loud-mouthed, and generally antisocial. She can usually be found wandering around in discontent.
118 Troy Street
PO Box 7
Canton, PA 17724